Meanings of Hunger ~ Student Contest
Action Against Hunger | ACF-USA invites students to participate in our first online contest! These contests will occur once a semester and will offer students an opportunity to explore global hunger issues and take action in raising awareness about malnutrition.
ACTION AGAINST HUNGER | ACF-USA
Action Against Hunger Student Contest
What is hunger to you?
hun·ger [huhng-ger] – noun
1. a compelling need or desire for food. 2. the painful sensation or state of weakness caused by the need of food: to collapse from hunger. 3. a shortage of food; famine. 4. a strong or compelling desire or craving: hunger for power.
Using this definition of hunger as inspiration, create a piece that expresses what hunger means to you. Possible projects could be:
- Poem or essay about hunger
- Diorama of a refugee camp
- Letter to a government representative calling for action to alleviate the global food crisis
- Photo essay of hunger in your city
- Painting representing your feelings about malnutrition
- Filmed speech contrasting hunger in the United States to hunger around the world
How to Enter:
- All submissions must be postmarked by December 3, 2010. Anything received with a postmark date after December 3rd will not be considered for the contest.
- Submissions may be mailed or emailed to Action Against Hunger: Action Against Hunger
ATTN: Student Outreach Coordinator
247 West 37th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10018
- If your submission is unable to be mailed, please send at least two photos of the piece, as well as a write-up of the inspiration (not to exceed two pages).
Contestants must include the following information along with their entry:
o Birth Date
o School Grade
Judging & Prizes
Contestants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- 50% clarity of information
- 25% creativity
- 25% connection to topic
A panel of three ACF representatives will judge entries. Winners will be announced on December 17, 2010 and will be notified by email or phone. First, second and third place entries will receive a Student Activist package.
- Participants must be no older than 18 years old.
- Inappropriate material or incomplete submissions will not be considered for the contest.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Any questions regarding the contest can be directed to email@example.com or (877) 777-1420 ext.134.
- You can get more details online: http://www.actionagainsthunger.org/students